The School Nursing Service aim is to work together with children and young people their parents/carers and school staff, to provide a comprehensive efficient and accessible service which:
- Helps children keep healthy during their school days and for the rest of their lives.
- Prevents ill health in children and the local community.
- Supports children with medical needs and those needing medication.
- Ensures that educational potential is not hampered by unmet health needs.
- Making sure that students vaccination is up to date.